Videos are a must for a business, they can dramatically increase conversion rates along with understanding about a product or service. Here are some facts that show the power of video:
- Where both text and video are available on the same web page, 69% of users would prefer to watch video to learn about a product or service. (Wyzowl)
- According to 70% of marketing professionals, video converts better than any other medium. (Marketing Profs)
- 59% of senior executives, when presented with both video and text, would prefer to watch the video rather than read the text. – Forbes Insight
- According to Vidyard, 71% of marketers said their video conversion performance was either somewhat, or much better, than other types of marketing content
- Videos can increase people’s understanding of your product or service by 74% (Digital Sherpa)
- Video promotion is over 6 times more effective than print and online methods (b2bmarketing.net)
- 50% of executives look for more information after seeing a product/service in a video, according to Forbes.
- 76% of businesses who use video believe that it provides a good ROI. (Wyzowl)
- When having difficulty with an app or product, 68% of users would prefer to watch a video that explains how to solve the problem, as opposed to calling the business and speaking to a support team member. (Wyzowl)
Video sharing and social media:
- Social video generates 1200% more shares than text and images combined. (Brightcove)
- Every day on Facebook, 500 years work of YouTube video are watched, and on Twitter, over 700 YouTube videos are shared each minute (YouTube)
- 50% of users watch business related videos on YouTube once a week (Digital Sherpa)
- Two-thirds of people using Twitter believe videos tweeted by brands are worthwhile watching (Hubspot)
- 69% of users say they would share a branded video if it contained information that might be of interest to their friends. (Wyzowl)
- 31% of users say they would share a branded video with their friends purely because they like the brand. (Wyzowl)
Using video in email marketing:
Sending out email marketing campaigns that aren’t getting clicks/ opens? Give video a go…
- According to Implix, an introductory email that includes a video receives an increase click-through rate by 96%.
- When marketers include a video in an email marketing campaign, click through rates increase by 2-3 times. (Digital Sherpa)
- 47% of businesses who use video use it in their email campaigns. Of these, 80% believe it to be an effective tactic. (Wyzowl)
- 75% of automated email providers reduced their number of subscriber opt-outs by 75% when emails incorporated video (Eloqua)
- Open rates rose by 7-13% when the word “video” was included in the subject of an email – (Experian)
- Forrester found an increase of click through rates of 200% to 300% when businesses include video in an email
Product Video and online shopping:
Ever been online shopping, seen a picture or description of a product but wanted to know more? Video can help out here and have a big impact on the customers decision.
- 74% of users who watched an explainer video to learn more about a product or service subsequently bought it. (Wyzowl)
- As a direct result of watching a video, 4 in 10 shoppers visited an online store or visited in-person. (ReelSEO)
- After watching a video, website visitors are 64% more likely to buy a product on a retail site than if they had not watched a video. (comScore)
- 90% of users say that watching a product video is helpful in the decision process (Digital Sherpa)
- Enjoyment of video ads increase purchase intent by 97% and brand association by 139% according to Unruly.
On the web:
We have spoken about videos on product videos, but how can general videos work on your website?
- Using video on a webpage can increase conversion rates by 80% (eyeviewdigital)
- In the UK, branded video content reaches nearly half (46%) of all Internet users. Over half of these people (54%) then go on to click though to the brand’s website (Econsultancy)
- ComScore found that visitors who watched videos on a site, stayed on the site for two minutes longer than those who did not watch the video.
- 80% of Internet users recall watching a video on a webpage they visited in the past 30 days; 46% of these people then took some action after viewing the ad (Online Publishers Association)
- Mist Media reports that the average Internet user spends 88% more time on a site with video.
- Including a video on your homepage can increase conversion rates by 20% or more, according to ReelSEO.
Video is great, but make sure you do it right
We have seen how powerful video can be, but make sure you do it right. If done wrong video can have a negative impact on your company.
- 61% of users say they have been put off buying a product after watching a bad explainer video. (Wyzowl)
- 37% of users said they were put off by the fact that the video didn’t explain the product or service clearly enough. (Wyzowl)
- 25% of users said the video’s low quality was discouraging. (Wyzowl)
- 5% of users cited bad animation as the reason they were put off. (Wyzowl)
- 62% of consumers are more likely to have a negative perception of a brand that published a poor quality video. (Brightcove)
- 4 out of 5 users will click away if the video stalls while loading, according to Google.